Powered by Blogger.

Embellish your gift with a flower

>> Monday, February 28, 2011

We attended a little girl's birthday party this Saturday. I wanted to dress up the gift a little. A small paper flower undoubtedly makes a lovely gift topper! Here is what what the finished product looks like.


Here is how you make the flower. All you need is some scrapbook paper and a button or a gem sticker to embellish the middle of the flower.

I have tried to explain the process of making the flower as best as I could. I think the pictures would help more.
  1. Cut two 2" strips of the scrap paper and one strip of width 1.5" . You will also need 3 card stock circles. The size of the circles will depend on how large you want your flower to be. The circles have to be of 3 different sizes, each one a little smaller than the one earlier.
  2. Fold the paper strip four times and make cuts along the edge of the strip. Open the cut strip.
  3. Now use a pencil to curl the cut edges.
  4. Glue the paper strip to the biggest circle. You have to create a pleat after every 3 to 4 cuts. This gives the flower some dimension. Repeat the same process for the 2 smaller circles. I used a hot glue gun for this process.
  5. Now stick all the 3 circles one above the other.
  6. I embellished the flower using a button I bought at Jo-Ann's.Add some leaves and you are done!
 Here are some picture I took along the way.


It took me half an hour to make this flower. Here is how it looks on the gift.




Hope you like it!

I am having a giveaway on my blog. $40 to select any drawstring back pack with an adorable applique and pretty spring hair accessories for your darling! She has some amazing stuff, so check it out! http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/40-store-credit-free-shipping-from-o-to.html





19 comments:

laxsupermom February 28, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

Such a pretty touch! I love how it dresses up the package without the expected bow. Thanks for sharing.

Sydney February 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM  

That looks really amazing! So creative. That gift looks so beautiful!

Esther Asbury March 1, 2011 at 6:01 AM  

What a pretty flower - love it! Thanks for the little tutorial on how to make it too! I love homemade flowers of all kinds --- can't wait to try this one!

Crafty Mommy Diva March 1, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

Wow didn't even realize that was made from paper! Amazing job and it totally adds to the gift wrapping.

Dacia March 1, 2011 at 10:46 PM  

Super cute package embellishment!

Irish Italian Blessings March 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

VERY CUTE!! I thought it was just a little extra you bought, I didn't know you made it. It makes it even better since you made it! Great job!

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine March 2, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

Very cute! I love personal touches on gift wrapping!

Amanda March 4, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

It is so pretty, I can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Anonymous,  March 6, 2011 at 3:46 PM  

Really cute!

Jo @ SmileMonsters

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas March 7, 2011 at 2:06 PM  

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...VeryCreative..Girlfriend!!Have a WONDERFUL Week!!
Barb

Crafty Mommy Diva March 10, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

Again that flower is awesome. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

Anonymous,  July 29, 2011 at 4:45 AM  

Flowers make your present more lovely, I love your color selection.
send gifts pakistan

maria January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM  

If you upload video to make this beautiful flower then it is more easy to understand. Thanks for sharing such creative work with us. I want to try it because i like this type of creativity.
send gifts to Pakistan

Anonymous,  June 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM  

If you are going for most excellent contents like myself,
simply go to see this web site everyday for the reason that
it offers quality contents, thanks

my weblog :: child care fullerton

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP